The asynchronous logistics services on ArcGIS Online generate:
- Service areas (drive-time areas)
- Routes to closest facilities
- Optimized routes for a fleet of vehicles
Two resources are available to help you learn how to use these services:
- ArcGIS REST API—Start here if you are a developer writing your own application.
- ArcGIS Help—Start here if you are a GIS professional who wants to use directions and routing services from ArcMap.
- Network dataset coverage map—See where road and traffic data is available for performing analyses.
Notes: Services on route.arcgis.com provide synchronous equivalents of some of these logistics services. Also, consider supplementing your basemaps by adding the traffic map service from traffic.arcgis.com.